Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Birthday, America!/Pizza Hut sucks!

Happy Independence Day, reader! It's America's birthday! Or, as my 4-year-old says, "Makaka bothday". She asked me if "Makaka"(America) could have a cookie. Isn't that sweet?

We went to the small parade in a town about 4 miles from here. This year's parade ran a little longer than usual. We decided to leave a little early, so I gathered the children from the roadside where they were catching candy(with supervision) and there it was. My dream car. The most heart-stoppingly beautiful automobile ever manufactered. And I was close enough I could have reached out and touched it. Awesome!

Then we met up with the in-laws again at Pizza Hut. Keep in mind the building number is 666. This particular Pizza Hut is plagued by lousy waitresses. The service sucks and always has. Every Independence Day, my husband's family eats lunch at Pizza Hut. Every year, they debate returning. I guess this year's experience was the final straw. The local Pizza Hut has officially lost their patronage.

The place wasn't especially busy. There was only one other table occupied when we arrived. We waited twenty-three minutes just to get our cheesy breadsticks. It took thirty minutes to get our pizza. While I don't mind the seven minute interval between appetizer and entree, the overall wait was ridiculous. This wasn't just a random occurance either. This happens almost every time we eat there.

I picked up a few of those "how are we doing" cards and passed them out to various family members. The customer service department will be hearing from us.

But, it's still a good day and we have lots of leftover pizza.

No comments: