Saturday, July 22, 2006

Lost, but not quite...

Have you ever gotten lost in a place you know you should know your way around? That happened to me today. There's a little lane out in back of the barn that leads through the fields and to a back road. Easy enough to see where it goes from this end, but I've never taken the lane coming back by myself before.

I was bringing the 4-wheeler back from the neighbor's along that back road and I couldn't find the far end of that little lane. It should have been easy to find, but it wasn't. I could see the barn from where I was, but I couldn't find my way back to it. I found what I thought was the lane, but then I found myself sourrounded by corn and soybeans and figured it was the wrong way. I did know where I was, so rather than drive around like an idiot in full view of other neighbors, I took the long way home, which brought me around the in-law's place down the road, and a half-mile stretch of highway. I think I might have run the 4-wheeler out of gas, cause when I stopped, it did too.

I really need to learn how to navigate around my home.

No comments: