Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving

I had a pretty good Thanksgiving. I started my morning by sleeping in until 8:00. Then I fed the children their breakfast and started baking pies. I prepared the crusts last night to save time. I baked one cherry pie and two pumpkin pies.

Then I gave the angel a bath and tried to get her down for a nap, but she had no intention of sleeping on her first Thanksgiving.

Around noon-ish, we loaded up the kids, one of each kind of pie, and the cranberry-orange relish I had made on Tuesday, and headed for the in-law's house, where we ate in the garage so we'd have enough room. Their garage is plenty big, so even with all of my husband's family there, we didn't seem like a big group.

All-in-all, it was a good day. The angel didn't like the turkey, and stubbornly refused to eat anything but a roll and drink her formula. I had several good conversations with my mother-in-law, and even one with my father-in-law -- a good step toward my goal of improving in-law relations.

Now I'm up way too late and it's almost tomorrow. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving, reader. :)

1 comment:

Jes said...

Oh, and I forgot the part where I stacked wood in the basement, somewhere between breakfast and bath time. Two more loads and we'll be done with firewood for this year.