Thursday, February 11, 2016

Phase B

Dear Reader,

I have survived phase A of my P90 program.  I am still not following the nutritional plan, but I have managed to lose 3/4" from my waist, which though small, is encouraging.  I have given up desserts for Lent, so that should help with my extra evening calorie fight.  I feel stronger, and my legs are more toned.  That's a good start.

Phase B is underway and it's challenging, but not impossible.  The first day, I felt like I was in pretty good shape, but the workouts still kicked my butt.  I have found that the mixed martial arts moves are still my favorite.  Once I get the hang of them, I really enjoy them and they're the moves I feel most confident doing.  My favorites from phase A are still in the mix, but stepped up a bit with added moves. 

There is a lot more jumping around in month two(plyometrics, I guess they're called) and a lot more planking moves.  So far I'm able to at least hold a plank and do a couple of half push-ups.  I am trying not to think of what I'll have to do in the phase C exercises.

I still like this program, although I am using my exercise inhaler for this second month.  For some reason, the sculpting video causes more breathing issues.  My muscles are all stiff and sore and my knees hurt a bit, but I still feel pretty good and if I can avoid injury and illness, I think I'll be able to keep with it to the end of the program.


No comments: